AZ State Seal


  • I need to get the father of my child's name on the birth certificate. What do I do?

You can file a Voluntary Paternity action with the Superior Court. Both parents have to be in agreement and Mom cannot have been married at the time she gave birth or during the 10 months proceeding the birth of her child. The forms are available at the Clerk's Office. You can pick up the forms, fill them out and file them at the front counter. The Deputy Clerk at the counter will sign the Order Establishing Paternity at the time of filing.

  • I need to establish paternity, but the mother/father is deceased. What do I do?

We do not have any information regarding how to establish paternity when one of the parents is deceased. If you are unable to do this on your own you will need to contact an Attorney for assistance in establishing paternity.

  • I have established paternity. I need to establish an Order for Child Support, Legal Decision Making, etc. What do I do?

There are forms and instructions available on this website or you may visit the front counter of the Clerk's Office. You may also want to contact the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Arizona Attorney General's Office

I need to make a correction to a birth certificate. What do I do?

Paternity Forms
When Paternity Is Not Established
When Paternity Has Been Established
Voluntary Paternity
Parenting Time (Visitation)
Response To Petition To Establish Paternity



Related Links


General Court Forms

Court Forms Main Page

Orders of Protection


Justice Court Self-Service Forms

Justice Court Self Service forms

Civil Suits


General Information and Services

Small Claims

Traffic Violations


Superior Court Self-Service



Legal Decision Making (Formerly known as Child Custody)


Marriage Licenses

Miscellaneous Forms

Name Change